Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ben Roethlisberger accused of rape - just one year later


I don't follow the NFL so I have no particular attachment to Ben Roethlisberger, who now can add 'accused rapist' to his bio along with Super Bowl winner and Celebrity Golfer.

A woman has filed a bombshell lawsuit saying Roethlisberger raped her in a hotel penthouse a year ago, a claim he vehemently denies. The woman never went to the authorities with her story, and it's unclear why she decided to file the lawsuit seeking hundreds of thousands of dollars a full year later.
Since it is unclear let me just clear that up for you Mr. AP reporter - she wants to get paid. Don't feel bad, we cannot all be Batman-esque master detectives like me.

The only problem with the accusation is the fact that it really seems to come out of nowhere - it is almost like this woman wrote a letter to send to Penthouse and decided it was so good that she should just base a lawsuit on it instead.

she said he telephoned her to tell her his television sound system wasn't working and asked her to look at it. She said she was unable to find a technician so she handled it herself because she had been told it was important to please the celebrities.
That is pretty hot - I think she had a real shot at getting into Penthouse with that one.

Still - if it is now ok to just create baseless accusations about celebrities let me just throw out the fact that Megan Fox and the chick from the Harry Potter movies forced me to use my penis on them in great and terrible ways all last weekend and that now I want fifteen zillion dollars in damages or for them to have to do it again five times a year.

Link to story about Ben R. below;