Tuesday, July 7, 2009

This should go well...


So today God knows how many people will be flooding down to be somewhere near the Staples Center in L.A. to ... I dunno celebrate maybe? ... the death of Michael Jackson, who I am told (constantly lately) was the King of Pop. 

Since the fine people of Los Angeles riot when they are happy (Lakers championship win) or angry (Rodney King beating acquittals) I think we all have a fair idea what will be coming now that they are sad. I know the memorial starts pretty early - so there should be plenty of time to get a good spot for when the rioting starts. 

I think it is kind of ironic that the Ringling Brothers circus is going to be setting up at the Staples Center following the memorial ... which seems to me like it would be like having to be the comedian that goes after Seth Rogan or George Carlin or something, or going to a club and being a whore an hour after Paris Hilton (or Joe Jackson) arrived.

Yeah - that last one. 

All I know is tomorrow after they put out the fires I am going downtown to buy a lion out of the trunk of some guys car - because looting is the only way to adequately deal with happiness/anger/loss. 

Here is a link to CNN's blog for up to the minute coverage on the MJ memorial .... if you click it than all I can say is I hope you life gets better at some point.